ASGHC Contingency Supplemental Funds are only available to currently funded Services and Activities (S&A) fee programs and are intended to be used for program expenses (such as equipment, guest presenters or travel).
May not be used for:
- Permanent staff salaries, stipends or to cover avoidable over-expenditures.
- Items which should be covered in whole or in part by instructional funds and/or other appropriate college budgets. Unless it is an unexpected expense.
Once a request is approved by the Executive Board, no additional funds will be approved or allocated towards the request in the same academic year.
If a requested amount is altered or denied prior to approval by the Executive Board, the requester has the right to appeal the decision and/or submit an amended proposal to the Executive Board.
Review of Request
The Contingency Supplemental Fund request will be reviewed by the Executive Board. The Executive Board is the final approving body for Contingency Supplemental Fund requests.
The Executive Board has the right to approve all or some portion of the Contingency Fund request, as well as deny the request. The decision will be based upon, but not limited to:
- Whether or not Contingency Funds have been requested and approved for a similar request in the same academic year.
- Whether or not Contingency Funds are an appropriate funding source.
- The number of students the request will benefit.
- The benefits to the program and College, based on the college’s mission and values, as well as your organizations purpose.
- Whether the funds are available elsewhere for this request.
The Executive Board has the right to deny the request.
It is required that a representative of the program submitting the Contingency Supplemental Fund request attend the meeting of the Executive Board when the request is being considered. You will be contacted by the Executive Officer of Budget and Finance to schedule a time at a regularly scheduled meeting of the council. Please be prepared to answer questions and give details about the request and include contact information.
Timeline for Review of Request
Contingency Fund requests must be submitted to the Executive Officer of Budget and Finance NO LATER THAN (2) WEEKS prior to payment of any kind being due or more than 90 days prior to an event. A request submitted within the required timeline does not guarantee a rushed process.
The timeline for the approval process is as follows:
- The Executive Board requires at least two (2) weeks to review the Supplemental Fund request.
- Completion of paperwork, acquisition of signatures and processing requires at least 10 working days.
Expenditure of Funds
Upon approval of the Contingency Fund request by the Executive Board, all expenditures will be applied to your 522 account. Once all expenditures have been, expended funds will be transferred to your account to cover those costs.
Funds will not be expended until the approval process is completed and paperwork is submitted.
Use of Funds
It shall be the responsibility of the Director of Student Life to ensure that Contingency Fund monies are expended as approved by the Executive Board.
Funds must be used as outlined in the approved proposal. For example, should the committee approve travel for six persons at a certain per person cost; the funds may not be used to fund four persons traveling at a higher per person cost. If requesting for travel also complete the travel packet and understand the stipulations relating to travel.
Should any Contingency Fund monies remain unused after meeting the needs of the request, these funds are to remain in the program account and will revert into the Fund Balance at the end of the fiscal year. These funds should not to be used to meet other expenses of the program.